Honda Marine BF100 L Type Description
More quality time on the water.
You’re looking at Honda’s most advanced technology – a lightweight powerhouse in a mid-range package. The BF100, 90 and 75 offer a host of Honda legendary technological advancements and exclusives.
Starting with VTEC technology on the BF90 and BF100. VTEC provides a superior blend of power, torque, and fuel efficiency at any speed. It’s the same Honda exclusive feature used on Honda cars, a premium innovation put to good use on our outboards.
Add in Multi-port Electronic Fuel Injection, BLAST, Lean Burn Control, and a 3 Way Cooling system, and you’ve got a pair of motors that are explosive upon acceleration, economical, efficient, and durable – which means maximum quality time on the water for you and minimum fuss.
Features may include:
Proven 4-stroke design
- World-renowned Honda quality combines proven reliability and superior fuel efficiency, with no oil mixing.
Legendary Honda Reliability
- The technology we applied to our 75, 90, and 100hp outboard engine is derived from one of the most popular cars in the world, the Honda Fit.
True 5 Warranty
- Honda's True 5 Warranty is the best in the business. This transferable, non-declining warranty is the same on the last day as it is on the first.
VTEC® - Smooth acceleration and power (90hp)
- Available on the BF90 and BF100, Honda’s Variable Valve Timing & Lift Electronic Control (VTEC®) system provides power where and when you need it. VTEC gives you a broader, flatter torque curve and smooth power delivery throughout the engine’s operating range. The result is a superior combination of power, torque and fuel economy. VTEC is the modern replacement for displacement.
Programmed Fuel Injection - Powerful performance
- Programmed Fuel Injection delivers the precise amount of fuel/air to each cylinder. The result is easy starts and instant throttle response with superior fuel efficiency.
Lean Burn Control® - Superior fuel efficiency
- Lean Burn Control® increases fuel efficiency by allowing combustion to operate on a leaner air/fuel mixture. At cruising speed, the BF75, 90 and 100 run on up to 20% less fuel* than others in its class.
BLAST® System - improves acceleration at low speeds
- Boosted Low Speed Torque, or BLAST, improves acceleration at low speeds. A quick movement of the throttle control activates the BLAST® system, advancing the ignition curve aggressively. "Hole Shot" is vastly improved as more horsepower gets the hull up on plane quicker.
Meets NMEA 2000 standards - on-board connectivity
- NMEA 2000 protocols allow engine data to be interfaced with on-board systems and systems displays, such as sonar or GPS.